Hey everyone, we realize it’s been an overdue update on all things customer service, what’s to come, and some of the bumps we’ve encountered and needed to overcome as a team.
Let’s get to it!
Customer Service Update
Last month we made a big move: we moved support systems which took approximately 2 weeks of transition time. During this time, we accumulated a backlog, but we also hired on a new CS rep. (Please welcome Bryiah!)
There are features we’d like to implement (including long-awaited Instagram functionality!), but we are going to be working on our backlog, and outstanding priorities before this happens.
In the meantime, we’d like to communicate the best way to get answers for CS:
- For quick answers: We’ve set up a FAQ section that can (hopefully!) answer any quick questions you might have.
- Updates for products: We acknowledge that our Updates page hasn’t been the best since Covid started. Now that our manufacturing partners and shipping organizations have standard delays in place, we can be a little more realistic with timelines. We’re making an effort to update this page more frequently.
- New products, extras, etc: If you are looking for news on products, please subscribe to our newsletter, or follow us on social media. (All at the bottom of all our pages!) Any time we are releasing a product, we will always ensure the community knows about it!
The best way to contact Customer Support
From Day 1 to today, the best way to reach Customer Support is by creating a ticket.
How do I create a ticket? Head over to the Contact Us page, and make sure you provide us the following information:
- Your name
- Email address (one you can be reached at)
- TKC Order number
- Description of what’s going on
Please allow 3-5 business days for a reply.
Have you sent in a ticket and you haven’t heard a response from us? Please resend in the ticket. If you were in touch with a CS rep, please provide the name of the rep in your ticket. This helps us greatly with keeping track of cases, and ensuring that it goes to someone who is familiar with your situation.
Note: Traditionally ticket numbers are provided, however our ticketing system organizes tickets per customer via email address. Please try to use the same contact email address when working with our support team to get the fastest service.
Please do not request customer support on our social media (this includes Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter). There are reasons for this:
- Our social media team does not have access to customer orders
- Requests get lost in our social media
- Our Customer Support team is specialized for support requests
We’ve revised our Terms & Conditions
We’ve made changes to our Terms & Conditions, please make sure you review them before making a purchase. Some of the highlights:
- No more restocking fees
- Understanding that in-stock orders may take 2-3 weeks to ship for more prolific drops such as Tangerine Switches, keyboard extras
- In extreme cases, TKC reserves the right to cancel your order
Please view our Terms and Conditions here.
Our fulfillment center
We are happy that our fulfillment partners are finding their new grounds, as the organization and staff recover from a (tough) transitional period with Covid practises. As a reminder, TKC does not condone sacrificing the health of staff, and we support them during this time.
We’ve made changes such as pre-packing switches, and other packing logistics that have made it easier on fulfillment.
Thank you to the TKC community during this time, we’re looking forward to finding our new groove that supports our staff’s health, without holding you back from building your keyboards too.
About Tangie Tuesday
We alluded to it in our Kiwi Kuesday kickoff announcement, but we’ll expand on it too:
We apologize for not addressing Tangie Tuesday orders before Kiwi details. We’d be upset in your position too. Our Kiwi Kuesday announcement was pre-planned for Tuesday the 18th in order to give the community a heads up for planning their Kiwi schedule, and at the time, we were unaware of the issue, as it hadn’t reached 2-3 weeks for fulfillment. As those weeks passed, we realized a trend and were able to identify the cause.
Our President and CEO JSON joined us on the frontline and have made the appropriate escalations to ship all outstanding Tangie Tuesday orders before any Kiwis are shipped. As of today our fulfillment center is focusing on the outstanding orders today and tomorrow, and have estimated that they should be complete by next week.
We are still trying to reach out to Shopify support on what happened, but in the meantime, we are confident to move forward with Kiwi Kuesday, as we know what to look for in the backend to ensure that orders are moving forward as expected.
It is our number one priority to us that delays like this do not happen for Kiwi Kuesday.
Thank you again.
We know it’s been a tough year for everyone. It’s been hard on us as a small business that has ended up growing in the midst of a global pandemic and there were many obstacles we never thought we needed to overcome. But we did. We’re proud we did, and we are thankful for your patience as we worked through these challenges that have been presented to us over the last few months.
You rock. (Yes, you.)