TKC CandyBar - UPDATED 2018-09-28
The sale draws closer. Heres a TL:DR of changes:
- Non-hotswap PCB shelved for time being
- Left Hand version added
- Hotswap PCB has more layout options
- Swapped R SHIFT / UP ARROW (/?) keys for better placement
- 2 DSA Keysets added to the sale. Both are compatible with almost every 40% keyboard on the market.
- Sale to start in October. Date TBD. Waiting on just a few more pieces of the puzzle.
INTEREST CHECK FORM
The Complete Story:
Introducing the TKC CandyBar. This Click-O-Stick is brought to you by TKC to satisfy the need for a compact board with full size features and an incredibly attractive price-point!
Honch0 here (Jason). Ill level with you. I like my arrow keys. I also like my numpad. This has kept me away from using my compact boards. I still collect them, but they are show-pieces more than battle station wares. I recently sold my Minivan to a really nice guy in Australia. I thought to myself, "why cant there be a 40 with a numpad? And arrows.." I drove straight home and drew up the keymap. I got u/blindassassin111 on the horn and said "LETS DO THIS!". 3 weeks later, we have prototypes in hand and were testing. u/terrymathews is working on the firmware and we will have some solid numbers in the coming weeks.
So heres the details. There are 2 different kits, Standard and Premium, as well as 2 layouts, Right and Left hand. You can get either PCB with in either kit.
Right Hand PCB
Left Hand PCB
*Both PCBs use QMK firmware, Mini-USB and will have all SMD components factory installed.
- Available in Left and Right hand version
- Kailh Hotswap
- Switchplate, PCB, and bottom plate all made of PCB material
- Includes switches, stabilizers, bolts, and standoffs
- Price ~$80 depending on options
- Barebones kit (no switches / stabs) will also be offered
- PCB only will also be available
- CNC machined anodized 6063 aluminum in a variety of colors
- Aluminum plate, 1.5mm anodized in a variety of colors
- Brass plate will be available at additional cost
- Tray mount
- Includes PCB of choice, plate, case, bolts, switches and stabs.
- Barebones will be offered with no switches or stabs.
- Price likely around $220 USD
- Font will appear as pictured in renders. I havent finished the mock up.
- DSA PBT Dye Sub
- Fits most (all?) 40% keyboards on the market
- Planck, MiniVan, Pearl, CandyBar, JD40, etc
- Renders by Oblotzky (thanks buddy!)
DSA (Name not decided)
Thanks for looking!
Special Thanks To:
u/blindassassin111 for all the work designing every part
Oblotzky for the renders and help with the beige DSA set
u/terrymathews for the firmware and tech support
OfTheWild for being the fist one to see the layout and yelling at me to make it happen
Evan at Minivan for feedback on key placement
The community for making it happen!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.