- When will your upcoming products be released?
If we have a date, it’ll be on the product page. If there’s no date on the page, then we do not have a release date yet. You can keep updated on our newsletter and social media (Instagram / Twitter / Facebook).
- When will there be product extras?
We always have extras of our pre-order products! These will be available to buy a few weeks after all original pre-order orders have been fulfilled. They are available first-come-first-served and limited in quantity. You can keep updated on our newsletter and social media (Instagram / Twitter / Facebook).
- A product I’m interested in is sold out. Will you be restocking?
Depends on the product! If there’s enough demand, we’ll consider bringing back previous products.
- What is a pre-order?
A pre-order is an order for a product before the production process starts. Typically, custom keyboards, keysets, and accessories are made-to-order in batch sales.
We (the vendor) take pre-orders for a set period of time, and then place the order with the factory. The factory manufactures the product and then ships it to us. We ship it to customers.
The production process is the longest stage and can take anywhere from a couple of months to a year, depending on the type of product, the complexity, and other factors.
Learn more about how pre-orders work in our 101 article on Keyboard University →
- What happens when I join a pre-order?
This applies to pre-orders run by The Key Company. Other vendors may vary.
A pre-order typically lasts 2 weeks. When you pre-order a product, you pay upfront for it. The product page will say the estimated shipping date—this is when we estimate we'll start shipping out the completed product.
After the pre-order window closes, we place an order with the manufacturer. We always order extra stock on top of the pre-orders. Production timelines vary and delays can happen.
After production is complete, the manufacturer sends us the finished products. We receive them and ship them out to pre-order customers. We post production updates on our Updates page.
After all of our pre-order customers have received their products, we make the extras available for sale. These are sold first-come-first-served and are limited in quantity.
- What if I missed a pre-order? Will there be extras?
You have a couple of options:
- Wait for extras to become available after the pre-order orders are fulfilled. Extras are extra stock that we buy on top of the original pre-orders. These extras are limited in quantity and sold first come first served. We’ll announce when we sell these ahead of time. You can keep updated on our newsletter and social media (Instagram / Twitter / Facebook).
- Buy it from someone else. The MechMarket subreddit is a good place to start.
- What is the difference between buying during a pre-order phase versus during the Extras phase?
- Prices during a pre-order are always lower than prices for extras.
- Pre-order customers receive their products sooner. Extras don’t go on sale until several weeks after pre-order orders are fulfilled.
- Extras are limited in quantity and sold first-come-first-served. They generally sell out quickly, so pre-orders ensure you're able to get the product.
- What is the status of my pre-order product? Are there any updates?
Please check our Updates page, where the most up-to-date information is posted.
Note: Estimated fulfillment dates are subject to change. These are updated diligently when we get news or new information.
Please do not email us asking for updates. The most up-to-date information is posted on the Updates page.
- What causes product delays?
The exact date of fulfillment for pre-order items isn’t set in stone. Things that could affect it are:
- Factory workload and production issues
- QC issues requiring the product to be remade. We would rather delay a product to ensure it’s done right than rush something.
- Shipping delays
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has caused delays across the entire process. Our fulfillment center is working at a reduced capacity, and an increase in dependence on shipping has led to carrier delays.
See our Updates page for the latest status.
- I have a question about / problem with my order!
We’re here to help you out! The best way to go about this is to create a ticket through our Contact page. Please provide the following information:
- Your TKC order number
- Your email address you can be contacted at
- Your name
- A brief description on what’s going on
- I need to change my shipping address.
Please submit a ticket with your order number(s) and your new address. If you made multiple orders that are associated with different email addresses, please let us know.
It is your responsibility to update us with changes to your address. We are not responsible for orders shipped to the wrong address.
- My order is stuck in “pre-shipment”/”Shipment information received”. What does that mean?
Most of the time, this means that your order is sitting in our warehouse or a carrier’s warehouse. Occasionally, it may have been shipped out, but someone forgot to scan it. Carriers are facing ongoing delays due to the pandemic.
If your order has been in “pre-shipment” for longer than a month, please contact us.
- I want to modify or cancel my order.
Please be certain about your purchase before placing an order.
Open pre-orders: Modifications and cancellations are accepted.
Closed pre-orders: Modifications are not accepted on any closed pre-order orders. Cancellations are accepted if the item hasn't shipped. We do not accept cancellations on pre-order products once shipped.
In-Stock Items and Extras: These are final sale. We will not modify orders by combining or splitting them. We do not accept returns or cancellations for in-stock items or extras. Please be sure when buying!
- My product is damaged / incomplete / malfunctioning. What is the policy?
Sometimes things happen and we get that. If you have a missing or damaged key, or a non-functioning PCB, or something like that, please contact us and have photo evidence ready so that we may investigate the issue and resolve the problem for you.
- Why is there a 3% restocking fee on orders using PayPal?
As a business, we value our customers and we hear a number of you prefer PayPal. We have made the decision to keep PayPal as a payment option, despite the fact PayPal will no longer refund all seller's fees.
To ensure TKC can remain viable, going forward, anyone who refunds their orders via PayPal charge will be charged a 3% restocking fee.
- I sent you a message on Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and all your social media and never heard back. What gives?
For all customer service related correspondence, please use the Contact Us page, where our dedicated customer support team can help you. Our social media team does not have the access to customer orders to assist.
- When will my order ship?
For in-stock items: In-stock orders are expected to ship within one business day.
For pre-order items: We ship out pre-order orders by the estimated shipping date on the product page. This date is an estimate and can change throughout the production and fulfillment process due to delays. The latest update is posted on our Updates page.
- How much will shipping cost?
Shipping costs are dependent on the package weight. Note that deskmats and keyboards are heavy and therefore are more expensive to ship.
Please add the items you wish to purchase to your cart and proceed to checkout. Once you enter your shipping information you will see shipping estimates populate in the checkout screen.
A great way to save on shipping if you live in the US or Canada is to take advantage of our Over $200 Ships Free program. Make sure you have at least $200 total in your cart after discounts and before taxes and shipping, and your order will ship free. Applies to US and Canada.
- What is Asendia? (International Customers)
Asendia is our new international shipping parter! We have teamed up with them to offer deeply discounted international shipping rates. Transit to your destination country as well as customs clearance is handled by Asendia. Last mile delivery is handled by your country's local postal service.
- What countries do you ship to?
We ship anywhere in the world! If you get to checkout and dont have an available shipping method, please contact us to let us know so we can get it resolved.
We also work with vendors (sometimes called ‘proxies’) in different regions that you can order directly from. These are listed on the product page.
Shipping to Asia: we've had packages getting lost going to Asia. Once the postal service has accepted a shipment from TKC, we will not accept responsibility if it is lost in transit. If you are shipping to Asia, we highly recommend using UPS Worldwide or a proxy service.
- What if my package is lost or damaged in transit?
TKC does not accept responsibility for lost or damaged packages in transit. Please contact the shipping carrier you chose to find a solution. Bear in mind that USPS First Class shipping while inexpensive, is not as reliable nor does it offer insurance as does Priority Mail.
- I live in the UK or a European Union country. Why does your shop say you don't ship to me?
To comply with VAT rules, we have instituted a minimum order total of $210 USD for orders being delivered to EU countries or the UK.
- I live in Russia. Why does your shop say you don't ship to me?
Due to recent and frequent changes in Russian shipping regulations, we have had an unacceptable number of shipments sent to Russia destroyed in Customs and as such we can no longer ship to Russia. We will reconsider this once the shipping situation in Russia becomes more static.
- What is Navidium?
We’ve partnered with Navidium—a package protection and tracking solution—to give our customers the best possible delivery experience.
- What if my order never arrives or is stolen?
To protect your order against loss or theft, add Navidium package protection at checkout.
When you add Navidium, you can easily file claims for lost, stolen or damaged packages in the unfortunate case that they arise. When you file a claim, it will be reviewed for approval for a reorder or refund promptly.
- What if my order is damaged?
To protect your order against damage that occurred during shipping, add Navidium package protection at checkout. When you add Navidium at checkout, you can easily file claims for lost, stolen or damaged packages in the unfortunate case that they arise. When you file a claim, it will be reviewed for approval for a reorder or refund promptly.
If your order has defects or you suspect it was damaged during manufacturing, please reach out to us via our contact page and we will be happy to work with you to remedy the situation.
- What do I get when I protect my order with Navidium
Navidium is premium package protection for your online orders. When you add Navidium at checkout, you can easily file claims for lost, stolen or damaged packages in the unfortunate case that they arise. When you file a claim, it will be reviewed for approval for a reorder or refund promptly.
- What are TKC's policies around Navidium?
A Navidium-specific FAQ is listed here.
- How do I file a claim for my lost, stolen or damaged order?
If you insured your order with Navidium at checkout, you will receive a confirmation email from Navidium with a link to file a claim.
Note: Make sure to have the Order ID we sent you or the Route Order ID ready to use with the claim form.
- Does Navidium cover stolen items?
Yes! When you insure your orders with Navidium, stolen items are eligible for reorders or refunds.
Please note that TKC reserves the right to require police reports be filed for stolen items, at our sole discretion.