- When will your upcoming products be released?
If we have a date, it’ll be on the product page. If there’s no date on the page, then we do not have a release date yet. You can keep updated on our newsletter and social media (Instagram / Twitter / Facebook).
- When will there be product extras?
We always have extras of our Group Buy products! These will be available to buy a few weeks after all original GB orders have been fulfilled. They are available first come first served and limited in quantity. You can keep updated on our newsletter and social media (Instagram / Twitter / Facebook).
- A product I’m interested in is sold out. Will you be restocking?
Depends on the product! If there’s enough demand, we’ll consider bringing back previous products.
- What is a Group Buy (GB)?
A Group Buy (GB) is a pre-order for a product before the production process. Typically, custom keyboards, keysets, and accessories are made-to-order in batch sales.
We (the vendor) take pre-orders for a set period of time, and then place the order with the factory. The factory manufactures the product and then ships it to us. We ship it to customers.
The production process is the longest stage and can take anywhere from a couple of months to a year, depending on the type of product, the complexity, and other factors.
Learn more about how Group Buys work in our 101 article on Keyboard University →
- What is a Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ)?
The minimum order quantity (MOQ) refers to how many pre-orders are needed for a product to be made.
For example: Infinikey Graen has an MOQ of 100 for each kit. This means we need to get 100 pre-orders of each kit in order to move it into production.
TKC will buy out the rest of a product's MOQ if the sales numbers are close.
- What happens if a product doesn't reach MOQ?
Most of the time, we will buy out the rest of the product to sell as extras. This ensures they'll get made.
If a product is far from reaching MOQ, we may choose not to produce it. We refund the orders containing it.
- What happens when I join a Group Buy?
This applies to Group Buys run by The Key Company. Other vendors may vary.
A Group Buy (GB) typically lasts 2 weeks. When you pre-order a GB product, you pay upfront for it. The product page will say the estimated shipping date—this is when we estimate we'll start shipping out the completed product.
After the GB closes, we place an order with the manufacturer. We always order extra stock on top of the pre-orders. Production timelines vary and delays can happen.
After production is complete, the manufacturer sends us the finished products. We receive them and ship them out to GB customers. We post production updates on our Updates page.
After all our GB customers have received their items, we make the extras available for sale. These are sold first come first served and are limited in quantity.
- What if I missed a Group Buy? Will there be extras?
You have a couple of options:
- Wait for extras to become available after the Group Buy orders are fulfilled. Extras are extra stock that we buy on top of the original GB pre-orders. These extras are limited in quantity and sold first come first served. We’ll announce when we sell these ahead of time. You can keep updated on our newsletter and social media (Instagram / Twitter / Facebook).
- Buy it from someone else. The MechMarket subreddit is a good place to start.
- What is the difference between buying during a Group Buy phase versus during the Extras phase?
- Prices during a GB are always lower than prices for extras.
- GB customers receive their products sooner. Extras don’t go on sale until several weeks after GB orders are fulfilled.
- Extras are limited in quantity and sold first come first served. Previous extras sales have shown that they can sell out very quickly. Buying product extras is not guaranteed.
- What is the status of [Group Buy product]? Are there any updates?
Please check our Updates page, where the most up-to-date information is posted.
Note: Estimated fulfillment dates are subject to change. These are updated diligently when we get news or new information.
Please do not email us asking for updates. The most up-to-date information is posted on the Updates page.
- What causes product delays?
The exact date of fulfillment for Group Buy items isn’t set in stone. Things that could affect it are:
- Factory workload and production issues
- QC issues requiring the product to be remade. We would rather delay a product to ensure it’s done right than rush something.
- Shipping delays
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has caused delays across the entire process. Our fulfillment center is working at a reduced capacity, and an increase in dependence on shipping has led to carrier delays.
See our Updates page for the latest status.
- I have a question about / problem with my order!
We’re here to help you out! The best way to go about this is to create a ticket through our Contact page. Please provide the following information:
- Your TKC order number
- Your email address you can be contacted at
- Your name
- A brief description on what’s going on
- I need to change my shipping address.
Please submit a ticket with your order number(s) and your new address. If you made multiple orders that are associated with different email addresses, please let us know.
It is your responsibility to update us with changes to your address. We are not responsible for orders shipped to the wrong address.
- My order is stuck in “pre-shipment”/”Shipment information received”. What does that mean?
Most of the time, this means that your order is sitting in our warehouse or a carrier’s warehouse. Occasionally, it may have been shipped out, but someone forgot to scan it. Carriers are facing ongoing delays due to the pandemic.
If your order has been in “pre-shipment” for longer than a month, please contact us.
- I want to modify or cancel my order.
Please be certain about your purchase before placing an order.
Open Group Buys: Modifications and cancellations are accepted. If you cancel your order and you paid via PayPal, we will deduct at 3% (minimum $1) processing fee from your refund.
Closed Group Buys: Modifications are not accepted on any closed Group Buy orders. Cancellations are accepted if the item hasn't shipped. There is a 20% restocking fee (minimum $1) if you cancel a Group Buy order after it has closed. We do not accept cancellations on Group Buy products once shipped.
In-Stock Items and Extras: These are final sale. We will not modify orders by combining or splitting them. We do not accept returns or cancellations for in-stock items or extras. Please be sure when buying!
- My product is damaged / incomplete / malfunctioning. What is the policy?
Sometimes things happen and we get that. If you have a missing or damaged key, or a non-functioning PCB, or something like that, please contact us and have photo evidence ready so that we may investigate the issue and resolve the problem for you.
- Why is there a 3% restocking fee on orders using PayPal?
As a business, we value our customers and we hear a number of you prefer PayPal. We have made the decision to keep PayPal as a payment option, despite the fact PayPal will no longer refund all seller's fees.
To ensure TKC can remain viable, going forward, anyone who refunds their orders via PayPal charge will be charged a 3% restocking fee.
- I sent you a message on Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and all your social media and never heard back. What gives?
For all customer service related correspondence, please use the Contact Us page, where our dedicated customer support team can help you. Our social media team does not have the access to customer orders to assist.
- When will my order ship?
For in-stock items: In-stock orders are expected to ship within two weeks.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are delays across the fulfillment process. If you ordered in-stock items and they haven’t shipped in two weeks, please contact us.
For Group Buy items: We ship out Group Buy orders by the estimated shipping date on the product page. This date is an estimate and can change throughout the production and fulfillment process due to delays. The latest update is posted on our Updates page.
If you ordered products that have different estimated dates together, they will ship after the last product is ready.
For example: Suppose the estimated fulfillment dates for a deskmat is September and a keyset is November. If you order the two of them together, they will ship out together in November. If you want to receive an item sooner, please order it separately.
- How much will shipping cost?
Shipping costs are dependent on the package weight. Note that deskmats and keyboards are heavy and therefore are more expensive to ship.
Please add the items you wish to purchase to your cart and proceed to checkout. Once you enter your shipping information you will see shipping estimates populate in the checkout screen.
- What countries do you ship to?
We ship anywhere in the world! If you get to checkout and dont have an available shipping method, please contact us to let us know so we can get it resolved.
We also work with vendors (sometimes called ‘proxies’) in different regions that you can order directly from. These are listed on the product page.
Shipping to Asia: we've had packages getting lost going to Asia. Once the postal service has accepted a shipment from TKC, we will not accept responsibility if it is lost in transit. If you are shipping to Asia, we highly recommend using UPS Worldwide or a proxy service.
- What if my package is lost or damaged in transit?
TKC does not accept responsibility for lost or damaged packages in transit. Please contact the shipping carrier you chose to find a solution. Bear in mind that USPS First Class shipping while inexpensive, is not as reliable nor does it offer insurance as does Priority Mail.