*In stock. Shipping starts next week. Limited quantity available.
Ever tried SKCM Alps switches? Let me tell you, theyre one of the finest tactile typing experiences on the planet. These switches have always been the exotic at the meetups; Theyre fantastic to type on but a pain in the ass to find caps for.
Those days are over. The Nexus slider and Nexus Housing allow you to convert your favorite Alps SKCM and SKCL switches to MX compatibility.
- Sliders and housings work on any SKCM Alps switch and Matias
- SKCL switches can be modded but require housings to accommodate slider
- POM plastic injection molded parts (slider & housing)
- Switch openers - 3D printed plastic - Includes 2 pieces, one to open Alps switches, one to open those with a Nexus Slider installed.
- Top housings not required for use on DSA & SA profile caps but recommended
- Cherry profile (GMK, Dye Sub, etc) require Nexus Housings. If you do not use the housings you may have to file the housings on your switches to clear the caps. Even with housings some GMK caps rub a little when hit off center.
- We tested these on SA, DSA and GMK cherry profile. Compatibility with other switch profiles may vary.
- Limited quantity in stock. We will run these again later in 2019
- Invented and designed by the brilliant u/blindassassin111
- We are not responsible for damaged caps or switches. Use at own risk
- Some keycaps may be a tight fit; it is recommended that you shave the stem down a tiny bit to accommodate and not stretch or damage keycap.
- Housing is the TOP housing only
- Alps switches NOT included
- Use of housing with SKCL will eliminate LED compatibility