GB goes live Friday March 2, 2018 at 7PM EST
Estimated ship date Mid April 2018
Here it is, the much anticipated TKC-1800.
- The case starts life as a Cherry G80-1800 injection molded case.
- Top case is sanded clear of texture.
- Back case is NOT sanded clear of texture.
- Automotive quality finish applied in 4 steps. Adhesion promoter, primer, base, clear coat.
- Wet sanded and buffed before it leaves the shop. Yes, you can wax your keyboard now.
- Pain stakingly refurbished by hand in Pontiac, MI.
- Tested in house for 6 months with no visible defects.
- Also available - Brand new in box stock black cases from Cherry.
- Each color is limited edition.
- While the finish is near flawless you may see MINOR imperfections in the finish. The top case is treated as an "A" surface and is scrutinized heavily. The bottom case is treated as a "B" class surface and will show light texture and some minor imperfections.
- QMK Firmware
- MX & Alps compatible
- 2 available positions for USB connection, no more hardwiring the cable (you can if you want to, accommodations are there)
- All SMD are pre-soldered from factory
- Atmel AT90USB1286
- Onboard I2C interface for future expansion
- RGB backlight LED support (not included)
- In switch LED and indicator LED support on PCB
- SPI interface for tinkering
- Anodized in choice of color
- Allows switch top opening
- Cherry MX cutouts and PCB mount stab cutouts
- Alps version coming soon
- 1.5mm Thick
- Optional but recommended
- Use of plate requires small modification to case.
- In-house modification using jig available for $5 additional. Please select option if you'd like us to cut it for you.
Whats included in the kit?
- Brand new (improved) bump ons
- Aluminum / Brass ID tag
- New diffuser decal
Plate and PCB are available for purchase separately.
- $139 Stock brand new Cherry G80 case in black ABS
- $169 Painted case available in 4 colors
- $189 Painted Tri-Stage case available in 2 colors (Tanzanite Blue / Cocaine White
- $219 Candy painted case (Candy Pink) the paint alone is $300 a pint and only covers 8 boards. The finish requires much more labor)
- More colors will be available as they are ready. In the works are Dodge Commando Green, Ferrari Red, and a sweet Grey/Blue Honda color.